Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Maureen's operation

Maureen, of the Nyambura family (Akina Wambo, Paul etc.) is having an operation today at 2pm. It is a fybroid lump in her breast which doesn't sound serious thought I'm sure it's traumatic, both for her and her family. I am praying for them and find it hard that I shouldn't be at the hospital in Nairobi when I was just there a couple days ago.

In some ways, I feel still clsoer to Kenya than I did in Kampala. People speak Swahili here, and I'm enjoying that very much. I expect that most don't know it, but those who do-- probably former refugees-- are eager to speak it.

Sarah is doing a good job planning this trip and responding to changes in external factors. But she is stressing too much about the safari in Tanzania. The price is turning out to be a lot higher than expected and it's really dividing the group. I had never planned to participate so I'm in the enviable postion of being able to talk about someone else's problems and suggest solutions without having to experience it.

No comments: