Monday, July 21, 2008

friends

Joan’s discovered facebook. I don’t know whose invitation to join finally triggered her to register, but now that she has, she’s added a lot of friends (including me!) and is looking for more especially among people she half-remembers from high school. I’ve gotten into it, too and maybe everyone has, because it seems like more people are inviting me, as well. Interest in facebook is growing in Belgium also—the word often seems to jump out of overheard, otherwise French or Dutch conversations.

One of my friends, who despite her living in Brussels, I’d barely communicated with this summer, finally came over for dinner last night. She had a friend (boyfriend? I don’t think she would have worn that dress for just us.) with her and he and I got on well. Joan and I talked about afterwards how although we’ve had a few people over, none of them have been Belgian. Our friend actually lives in the U.S. most of the time and is from Congo. And her friend was Dutch.

No comments: